While we are succeeding in bringing hundreds of people out of poverty, too many are still mired in a doom spiral of poverty and disease- despite the entry of new philanthropists, advocates and corporations into the field of national development.
The following are some of the emerging challenges to economic development.
- Energy and Environmental Security
- Centralization and Relative Poverty
- Competing in a New Era of Globalization
- Capitalism and National Imbalances
- Economic Exclusion (of Regional Hubs)
- Global Corporations, Global Impact
- Provision of Healthcare