- the natural fertility of the soil
- the minerals in the earth’s surface and
- forests, rivers and the riches in the sea.
Features of Land
- Land is a gift of nature
- Land is a natural resource
- Land is a permanent fixture
- Land is fixed in supply
- Land is geographically immobile
- Land is occupationally mobile
- Man does not produce land
- There is no cost of production to produce land
Supply of LandSupply of land is fixed. But the supply of land for a particular use can be increased or decreased. For example; the supply of land available for Housing can be increased by reducing the supply of land for Agriculture.