On January 26, 2015, the Church of England ended centuries of male-only leadership as Libby Lane became its first female bishop in a ceremony briefly disrupted by a traditionalist priest's protest.
The protest from male priests raised eyebrows on the position of women in Christianity.
Elizabeth Jane Holden "Libby" Lane is a Church of England bishop. Since January 2015, she has been the Bishop of Stockport, a suffragan bishop in the Diocese of Chester. Wikipedia
- Born: 1966, Glossop, United Kingdom
- Consecration: 26 January 2015
- Diocese: Diocese of Chester
- Predecessor: Robert Atwell
- Alma maters: St Peter's College, Oxford, St John's College, Durham